- Published on Friday, July 13 2012
- Written by Anysha Panesar
With work overload taking its toll on many this summer, the thought of taking a mini-break is quite refreshing! So, whether you’re heading to the beach on the West Coast for a weekend getaway or you’re indulging in some retail therapy in the City followed by a night in a spa resort, you have to make sure that the following essentials are packed in your LV Speedy!
1. The most self explanatory of them all -- your camera! You simply cannot expect to make everyone jealous back home without your trusty camera! So get snapping and start tagging all your friends on Facebook and make them wish that they had booked the weekend off work to join you!
2. Whether you're soaking up the rays on the sand or releasing your inner adrenaline junkie in the woods, two items that are utter essentials no matter what your weekend may entail are your sunglasses and sunblock! Protecting your skin and your eyes from those harmful rays that are simply everywhere is never a bad idea! Get to rocking those designer shades on your weekend away for a fashion statement that keeps you safe!
3. You do NOT need to pack your entire wardrobe for a weekend away! When it comes to shoes, limit yourself to a pair of flats, heels, and flip flops, or sneakers depending on the activities you have planned. Try picking clothing items that can easily be dressed up or down depending on accessories. Also, pack outfits that can simply be mixed-and-matched to create totally new looks!
4. You’re going away for a weekend, not a life-time, so leave your entire makeup collection at home! Restrict your make-up bag to utter essentials, such as a foundation, powder, mascara, lipstick or gloss, blush, bronzer, eyeliner, and maybe two shadows if you have the room and really cannot go a few days without a smokey eye (if you’re like me, that is!). Also, don’t forget to pop to the drugstore and grab mini-bottles of shampoo and body wash and a small sponge!
Although at times you probably wish you could pack everything you own for your weekend away, you must be strong! Remember, it is only a few days and if "that dress" has been stuck in the back of the wardrobe for the past three years, it's highly unlikely you're going to need it over the next three days! Besides, with all the new goodies we all know you you are going to splurge on, best leave some extra room in your luggage anyway!
- Anysha Panesar, YH Staff
Princess Leia (and Carrie Fisher) Is a Go for 'Star Wars 7'!