- Published on Friday, May 11 2012
- Written by Anysha Panesar
In 2012, we tend to only ever-emphasize the women of Hollywood as fashion icons, but, in fact, men over the years have become much more aware of their appearance. Gone are the days of throwing on tracksuit bottoms and a baseball hat. These days, men are taking just as long as their leading lady to get ready for an event.
Men are going to all sorts of lengths to keep themselves looking suave. Sunbeds, manicures, and highlights are all on the weekly agenda for the everyday "Metro-sexual" guy. Many women are happily raving about their partners wanting to go shopping with them and take to the tanning booths by their sides, though there are few ladies out there that would like their "Alpha male" back, believing that men belong in jeans, sweat, and dirt!
But both types of women can not ignore that the best-dressed and groomed men of 2012 have made an impact on the world, and, dare I say, they might be taking some covers of the top fashion magazines from women very soon!
Here are some of your best dressed men of 2012:
1. Leading the pack is the extremely handsome and very dapper Robert Pattinson (above). R-Patz’s relaxed-yet-suave style has become a trend worldwide, mixing messy hair with designer suits and vintage t-shirts to become a staple in the everyday male’s wardrobe.
2. British music sensation Tinie Tempah has made him self known this past year and not just on the music scene but also becoming a fashion icon for men across the globe. The R&B superstar has proven that leather jackets and geek glasses are still in fashion in the 21st Century and can be worn to any event, from red carpets to on-stage performances.
3. But it wasn’t just the Brits who shone this year in the style awards – "Gossip Girl" actor Ed Westwick has proven his status in the fashion industry. Complimenting the star’s "upper class" character, this actor has developed into quite the style icon. Even thought Ed’s character has a deep love for pinstripes and flamboyant attire, Mr. Westwick prefers a more relaxed jeans-and-cardigan approach in his day-to-day wardrobe.
4. Never to be left off the list is worldwide star and fashion muse Mr. David Beckham. Beckham is not only husband to possibly the most fashionable woman on Earth, but he has also created a name for himself in the fashion world, becoming the face of Armani Underwear and H&M. David has grown into an icon for men around the world with a clean cut style on the carpet and a rugged natural look everyday; it is no wonder that men look to David for fashion cues.
5. But the list wouldn’t have been complete without a little bit of werewolf to counter balance that vampire influence – perpetually shirtless star Taylor Lautner has shown he can also make the best DRESSED list with his classic style and fitted suits. Taylor knows that a good physique can make anything look good.
Who are some of YOUR favorite stylish male celebs for this year?
- Anysha Panesar, YH Staff
5 Best "Harlem Shake" Viral Vids (Plus a Couple Others)