- Published on Monday, July 02 2012
- Written by Alexandra Smith
The 2012 Summer X Games were as exciting as ever, with great competition, wins, and some crazy crashes! Young Hollywood was on the scene to cover the event and lots of great interviews and up-close footage is on the way -- stay tuned! But to sate your appetites until then, here is a rundown of the winners, along with some of the unfortunate crashes...
- Moto X Freestyle: Riders perform two routines on a course consisting of multiple jumps of varying lengths and angles. Based on a 100 pt. scale.
Gold: Taka Higashino (93.33)
Silver: Levi Sherwood (91.66)
Bronze: Javier Villegas (88.66)
- Moto X Step Up: Most height cleared on a dirtbike
Gold: Ronnie Renner (47 ft. -- X Games Record!)
Silver: Matt Buyten (46 ft.)
Bronze: Brian Deegan (39 ft.)
- Moto X Best Trick: Strong won with the "Jack", a variation of the Special Flip body varial backflip invented by BMX rider "Special" Greg Powell
Gold: Jackson Strong (91)
Silver: Taka Higashino (90.33)
Bronze: Cameron Sinclair (89.33)
- Women’s Moto X Racing: 6-racer racing competition
Gold: Vicki Golden (300.79 sec.)
Silver: Tarah Gieger (307.95 sec.)
Bronze: Livia Lancelot (310.03 sec.)
- Moto X Speed & Style: 2 racers go head-to-head racing to the finish while completing various jumps and tricks
Gold: Mike Mason (92.80)
Silver: Nate Adams (91.33)
- Moto X Enduro Men’s: Track incorporates various elements of off-road riding, including rocks, boulders, logs, sand, mud, a water-hole, and special obstacles (like giant tires)
Gold: Mike Brown (506.25)
Silver: Cody Webb (510.88)
Bronze: Cory Graffunder (511.68)
- Moto X Enduro Women’s: Same as above
Gold: Maria Forsberg (416.51)
Silver: Louise Forsley (432.06)
Bronze: Chantelle Bykerk (446.19)
- Men’s Crashes:
Robbie Madison -- The Australian was practicing for that evening's Moto X Speed & Style competition when he crashed while on the speed portion of the track suffering a collapsed lung and a laceration on his right leg.
Edgar "ET" Torronteras -- The Spaniard crashed hard in his semifinal heat of the Speed & Style competition as he and Nate Adams soared through side-by-side backflips. He was taken off via stretcher, his injuries have not yet been reported.
Myles Richmond -- Crashed on the 38' round of Step Up.
- BMX Street: "Street"-style riding
Gold: Garrett Reynolds (85.0)
Silver: Chad Kerley (83.0)
Bronze: Dakota Roche (69.0)
- BMX Park: BMX on a skatepark
Gold: Scotty Cranmer (79.00)
Silver: Ryan Nyquist (77.00)
Bronze: Pat Casey (76.00)
- BMX Vert: A freestyle BMX discipline performed in a halfpipe
Gold: Jamie Bestwick (86.00)
Silver: Vince Byron (72.00)
Bronze: Simon Tabron (72.00)
- BMX Big Air: Bikers perform tricks while launching off a big air jump into a halfpipe
Gold: Steve McCann (92.33)
Silver: Zack Warden (92.00)
Bronze: Kevin Robinson (91.00)
- Men’s Crashes:
Kevin Robinson -- Crashed during the GoPro BMX Big Air finals. Luckily, he made it out with just some minor scratches and went on to take the Big Air Bronze metal.
Steve McCann -- Crashed during the Big Air Finals after a double frontflip
Morgan Wade -- Crashed during the GoPro BMX Big Air finals attempting a double backflip
Anthony Napolitan -- Crashed during the Big Air event. Fortunately, he only suffered a minor concussion.
- Women’s Skateboard Street
Gold: Alexis Sablone (85.66)
Silver: Leticia Bufoni (81.00)
Bronze: Rachel Reinhard (80.33)
- Skateboard Big Air
Gold: Bob Burnquist (94.33)
Silver: Mitchie Brusco (93.00)
Bronze: Nolan Munroe (91.00)
- Game of SK8: Skaters attempt given tricks one after another, pass or fail
Gold: Ryan Decenzo
Silver: Ishod Wair
Bronze: Aaron Homoki
- Skateboard Park
Gold: Pedo Barros (84.00)
Silver: Ben Hatchell (83.00)
Bronze: Rune Glifberg (78.00)
- Skateboard Vert
Gold: Pierre-Luc Gagnon (91.00)
Silver: Bucky Lasek (91.00)
Bronze: Andy MacDonald (85.66)
- Men’s Skateboard Street
Gold: Paul Rodriguez (86.00)
Silver: Ryan Sheckler (85.33)
Bronze: Nyjah Huston (85.00)
- Men’s Crashes:
Bob Burnquist -- CrasheD during Skate Big Air practice the day before X Games LA began. He lost his skateboard after flying off the halfpipe and fell straight down.
- RallyCross: Sprint-style automobile racing, held on a closed mixed-surface racing circuit, with modified production or specially built road cars
Gold: Sebastien Loeb (272.58)
Silver: Ken Block (284.81)
Bronze: Brian Deegan (285.23)
Toomas Heikkinen -- Fell into the gap after jumping short of a jump during practice; the crash was severe as he was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a left ankle fracture and is undergoing additional evaluation.
Travis Pastrana -- Travis's car was damaged to the point that he was unable to continue on to the next round of the RallyCross event.
- Alexandra Smith, YH Staff
Will "Fanticipation" Influence Movie-Goers' Choices?