- Published on Monday, December 31 2012
- Written by Rita Korkounian
It’s Thursday morning, and I’m at war with my alarm. My hair looks like it’s been struck by lightening. I have a fugly unwanted visitor on my face. Every outfit I wear makes me feel like frumpty-dumpty. And frankly, a potato sack with a bag over my head is the only fashion statement I want to make.
Ever have those wretched, forsaken days? The “I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, don’t you dare look at me or talk to me” kinda days. Well, I’m blessed with them every so often. I wish I could receive some sort of memo the night before, warning me of the morning terror that is to come. Unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way.
Enter Polyvore, a virtual styling board and fashionista's dream. You can create various looks, or so-called “sets”, and publish them to share with your friends in the Polyvore community, on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. You can then apply these ideas to your wardrobe, and voilà! Less frumpty-dumpty-rolled-out-of-bed sort of days. Below are the Polyvore fashion sets I’ve created. Hope they get your juices flowing!
1. Pastel Colors - Work consumes a good portion of our day, and although a potato sack looks tempting, there are better alternatives. Check out this mint blouse paired with a lace skirt and pop of coral jewelry.
2. Dress with European Flare - I don’t know about you, but if you could give me a baguette and teleport me to a little cafe in Paris, I’d be the happiest gal alive. This drape collar crepe dress and pair of Jimmy Choo pumps is for you sassy trendsetters.
3. Let's Lace It Up - “I’m broke” has a whole new meaning in these rough economic times, but I have the perfect outfit that makes pinching those pennies worthwhile. This H&M lace dress and ballet flats will only make a small dent in your wallet.
4. Nothing Beats Jeans - If I could wear jeans everyday, I would, but it’s got to be paired with the right pieces. This set is far from hum-drum. Check out the hunter green blouse with leopard loafers and orange vest with nude pumps... options are limitless.
5. Winter Outfit On The Go - Brace yourselves for a winter storm in L.A... AKA sprinkles. This set is sure to get you through any storm tracked by the Live Doppler 7000. Tunic top with leggings and a pair of boots -- rainy day in L.A., here I come!
To create your own sets, you can visit these helpful tips and register to join Polyvore. Now make some magic happen and style, style away!