- Published on Thursday, August 02 2012
- Written by Anysha Panesar
Nothing sounds more glamorous than spending your summer lounging on South Beach, sipping cocktails in a fabulous couture swimsuit that will make every passers-by extremely jealous!
It comes as no surprise, then, that the annual Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim is held in Miami. Party central and curvy models -- sounds like the best fashion week to attend, right?! Well, this year, the breathtaking show previewed beachwear collections from the likes of Mara Hoffman, Cia Maritima, and Aqua Di Lara, just to name a few. With the main trends being retro silhouettes full of bustier-style tops and corsets, it is time to break down what should be on your beach-ready list for 2013!
My first piece of advice -- start planning your 2013 summer vacation now! Once you see the gorgeous trends that are gracing our future, you will want to spend all summer by the pool and walking in the sand.
1. Luli Fama took the meaning of "sexy string bikini" to a whole new level at Swim Week (see above). Known for captivating Latin and European flavor in her collections, Luli did not fail to impress when she graced us with this beautiful detailed floral creation. I am totally not sure whether this is suitable for a day at the pool, with the lack of material and awkward tan lines you would acquire, but still, this suit should be at the top of your list for Summer 2013!
2. Founded in Brazil, Cia Maritima is known as one of the most successful beach couture brands to grace the runway. Maritima grabbed attention with a flowing cover-up (below), in bright colors that just screamed "Summer!" and prints that are always on trend. This beautiful beachwear is perfect for a day at the shore or that weekend yachting trip that you planned! Not only is it a practical way to cover up your swimwear, but it also adds a bit of couture to your beach attire.
3. Red Carter certainly pulled it out of the bag this year. With their whole collection being a treasure chest for your everyday fashionista, it was almost impossible to pick my favorite item from their collection. Full of disco balls, feathers, and body jewelry, it was no wonder that fashion critics have stated that the models were "on a disco safari." This shimmering gold piece below is utter perfection. Creating that on-trend retro silhouette with a gold bustier, it just screams "glamazon" without looking too tacky! A must to add a bit of "gold digger" to your wardrobe.
4. Xtra Life LYCRA probably isn’t the first brand you search for when looking for your dream bikini. But when they released this floral number at Swim Week, it certainly made us all pay attention. With a longer fitting top hugging in all the right places, it makes us wonder why we haven’t looked at their collections before!
5. NY-based fashion designer Mara Hoffman went prints-galore this season, showing us how one-pieces can be just as sexy and drool-worthy as all the latest bikinis! This cut-out swimsuit is not only flattering in all the right places but also totally eye-catching! Pair with some nude wedges and chunky warrior-type accessories and you will be everyone’s envy next summer!
- Anysha Panesar, YH Staff
Princess Leia (and Carrie Fisher) Is a Go for 'Star Wars 7'!