- Created on Monday, January 17 2011
- Published on Tuesday, January 18 2011
- Written by Wes Ferguson
"Glee" babe Heather Morris joined Hollywood’s best and brightest on the red carpet at the Golden Globes this past weekend, all in various shades of that famous California tan.
I hate to break it to you, but it’s been cold and rainy here in Los Angeles. Those Golden Glows are FAKE!
My spies inform me Heather used St. Tropez Wash-Off Instant Glow Body Lotion. The real key is application. Spray Tan Artist (yes, that’s a thing) Julie Nostrand tells me how to get that sun-kissed look without asking for melanoma. As the founder of South Seas Skin Care (with a line of products that can hook you up at home), girlfriend knows what she’s talking about!
“To create your own red carpet glow in the thick of winter, pack away shimmery summer products and opt for those with a matte finish instead,” Julie says.
Julie’s top tanning tips:
- - Less is more when applying.
- - Apply further away from your body in a sweeping/circular motion, and allow the mist to “fall” onto your skin.
- - Instead of washing your hands after application, wipe off your palms and between your fingers to prevent the “white hand” effect.
- - A good moisturizer helps keep the skin from drying out. Natural ingredients and a silky feel improve the look and feel of your tan.
- - [Exfoliate] to remove an old tan, ensuring even color and soft, supple skin.
Wes Ferguson was a mild-mannered computer geek until a printer accident gave him superhuman powers. Now he’s on a mission to make the world a little more fabulous, one blog at a time. Follow him on Twitter @Westopher