- Published on Tuesday, January 01 2013
- Written by Katie Marzullo
The new year is shaping up to be a much-anticipated one for some high-profile ladies who will be expecting a new bundle o’ joy in ’13! Baby Bump watchers everywhere will have their eyes peeled on these eight celebrity moms-to-be this year:
1. Kate Middleton – We’re obsessed with all things Royalty, and with the news of a new heir to the throne is on the way, we can barely contain ourselves! After months and months of speculation, the Palace finally announced that good ol’ Prince William successfully performed his husbandly duty by planting his royal seed in his bride, Kate Middleton. While the Queen breathes a sigh of relief in the security of the throne, royal watchers are salivating over what Kate’s maternity wear will look like!
2. Jessica Simpson – Girlfriend wastes no time! Only a couple months after giving birth to her first child with her fiancé Eric Johnson, she managed to go get herself knocked up again! The timing was a little awkward, though, considering she had just signed a lucrative deal with Weight Watchers to shed the exorbitant amount of lbs she gained with her first pregnancy; and since we all know how much she enjoyed letting herself go the first time around, it’s no surprise that Jess has decided not to continue following the Weight Watchers plan during her second pregnancy. For some reason, I feel like maybe she’s using having babies as an excuse to live on French fries and milkshakes without any rebukes…
3. Kim Kardashian – Finally, Kim K. gets her own Blue Ivy! The reality star, whose double-dates with boo Kanye West and power couple Beyoncé and Jay-Z, has long made it known her desire to start a family of her own, having to witness the domestic bliss of her sisters, Kourtney and Khloe, for a few years now. Well, brace yourselves, world, because a Kanye Kardashian is on the way! Pencil in your play dates with the Carters now!
4. Shakira – Despite a little Day of the Innocents prank made by her hubby Gerard Pique, Shakira has NOT yet given birth to their baby, but the new arrival is certainly nigh for the interim “The Voice” judge. Thanks to those ample truth-telling hips of the Colombian star, we know that’ll be one healthy baby!
5. Kerri Walsh Jennings – The 3-time Olympic gold medal-winning Beach Volleyball superstar recently made the announcement that she was expecting her third child with hubby Casey Jennings, but there was another major bombshell to go along with it – she revealed that she was actually pregnant while she was competing at the Summer Olympics! Beach volleyball is taxing enough – imagine doing it with a bun in the oven! Whoa! Give that lady TWO gold medals!
6. Jenna Dewan-Tatum – Arguably one of the hottest couples in Hollywood is doing the world a favor by passing on their superior genes! Actress Jenna Dewan-Tatum recently confirmed that she was expecting her first child with her husband and 2012’s Sexiest Man Alive, Channing Tatum. Is there even a chance that this kid will be anything less than stunning (and possibly a phenomenal dancer)?
7. Kristen Bell – One of our absolute favorite celebrity couples are making it official by extending their family! Actress Kristen Bell and her husband, "Parenthood" star Dax Shepard, promise to keep our Twitter and Instagram feeds inundated with the cutest pics ever when their baby arrives this year, and we can’t wait!
8. Hillary Scott – When we caught up with Lady Antebellum at the Troubadour in September of 2011, the singer was a smidge cagey when it came to talking about her personal life; in the year-and-some-change since, she’s not only gotten hitched (to musician Chris Tyrrell), but she’s currently expecting her first child! We expect some amazing musical inspiration to come out of this, Hill!
- Katie Marzullo, YH Staff Editor
What to Look Foward to at The '13 Billboard Music Awards
Want An Interactive Film-Watching Experience? There's An App For That!