LiveLoveSpa.com, the online community that bring spas, beauty brands, and we happy spa goers together, hosted their annual Splash! Event at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles recently, attended by the likes of Brittany Snow, Jamie Chung, Pia Toscano, Ashley Jones, “Dancing with the Stars” pro Anna Trebunskaya, and my glamorous self. The event featured 30-minute spa treatments and mini-spa treatments; I enjoyed a 30-minute facial from HydroPeptide, and my lovely esthetician Rachel had some helpful tips for me on how to protect my skin (and all of yours)! Here are a few:
- Always wear sunscreen, even when it’s cloudy outside. There’s still a high chance you will get burnt!
- Moisturizer is your friend. Use it daily.
- Be sure to drink lots of water. We are all way too dehydrated.
I was then treated to a mini foot scrub from the team at Salt of the Earth, who taught me the importance of salt scrubs. I had the chance to chat with quite a few of the other sponsors, who also had some helpful tips for all of you:
- COOLA Suncare also emphasized the importance of wearing sunscreen to me. I learned that it’s important to put sunscreen on even if you’re just going to get the mail! So really, we all need to start wearing sunscreen.
- Pure Inventions introduced me to the wonders of green tea (it really is much better for you than coffee).
- La Bella Donna introduced me to dark purple eye shadow; it seems to be the color of the season. They also informed me that the other color trend this fall will be hunter green.
- Intraceuticals explained to me how Vitamin A can really help your skin glow (and keep it healthy)!
I will now try to make sure to wear sunscreen everyday, use moisturizer, and try to incorporate more Vitamin A into my diet (which I could probably use). I was also interviewed as to my thoughts on health and beauty. So here are a few of my own helpful tips:
- Try to find a fitness activity that you actually enjoy doing. I’m a belly-dancer and yogi, and I really enjoying doing both. Working out should be fun, not a horrific chore!
- To keep my curls in check, I use leave-in conditioner. It really does work wonders.
- Embrace who you are! We’re all different, but that’s what makes us so beautiful. Flaunt what you’ve got!