1. Put currants and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Bring it down to a simmer and cook the currants until soft for about 10 mins.
2. Put 1/3 cup cold water into a bowl and sprinkle in gelatin. Leave for 5 minutes and then add currant mixture; stir until gelatin has dissolved.
3. Pour the mixture into a sieve, pressing the liquid into a bowl and set it in ice-water. Remove from water bath and let it sit, stirring occasionally until cool but not set. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of the currant gelatin into twelve 8-10 ounce glasses; set aside the rest of the gelatin. Refidgerate glasses until gelatin is set (about 1 hour).
4. Meanwhile, put 1/3 cup cold water into a small bowl, sprinkle with gelatin and let it sit for 5 mins.
5. Put milk, cream, and sugar into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil Reduce to a simmer and add gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin ahs dissolved (about 5 mins). Repeat step 3 and pour mixture over the currant gelatin.
6. After the second layer of gelatin has set pour another layer of currant over and let it set. Repeat this with another layer of the white gelatin.
Ingredients: Blue: 2 cups ice cubes 1/3 cup blue passion fruit liqueur, such as Hpnotiq or Alize 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes) 2 tablespoons blue curacao liqueur 2 tablespoons white rum 2 tablespoons sugar Red: 1 cup frozen strawberries 1 cup watermelon chunks, frozen 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes) 2 tablespoons white rum 1 tablespoon sugar 1 cup ice cubes White: 1 cup coconut sorbet 1/4 cup rum 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes) 1 cup ice cubes
1. Start making blue layer: Put 1 ½ cups of ice cubes in blender. Add passion fruit liqueur, line juice, blue curacao, rum, and sugar. Blend until slushy, add another ½ cup of ice and blend. Place in a large cup or bowl and leave it in the freezer while you continue with the recipe.
2. Red layer: rinse out blender. Add the frozen strawberries, watermelon, lime juice, rum and sugar. Blend until slushy and there are no chunks of fruit. Add more ice and continue to blend. Add some water if consistency is too thick. Move mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer.
3. White layer: rinse our blender. Add coconut sorbet, rum, and lime juice. Blend until smooth and thick. Add ice cubes and continue to blend.
4. Pour the red layer into the bottom of six 8-ounce glasses, about 1/3 cup. Gently spoon 1/3 cup of the blue layer over the red so they stay separate. Then spoon 1/3 cup of the white layer on top of the blue.
Lastly, one recipe that I will be attempting for the first time this year is an American Flag Cake!
This cake isn’t just an ordinary cake. It may look normal from the outside, but when you cut into it, there’s an American flag on the inside! And before I even attempt to try to explain how to make this, I will link you to where I found the recipe!
Supposedly it’s easier to make than it is to explain. I’m am very excited to see how this cake will turn out!
Let us know what YOU made for your Fourth of July celebration or if you tried to make anything from our list!