- Published on Friday, June 15 2012
- Written by Anysha Panesar
The argument over the pros and cons of reality television is never-ending, and certainly it does appear to weigh up larger toward the cons! Our TV screens are, for the majority of the time, being bombarded with reality stars acting in a disorderly manner or pushing their name brands as much as possible. But, thankfully, there are a handful of these stars that have managed to break the mold and make a difference with their fame – proving that some reality stars really do have star quality!
1. Ty Pennington -- The number one reality star on the list has had a tendency to be overlooked on occasions. But here is one man who has literally changed people’s lives, in an hour of TV! Ty Pennington of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" has been rebuilding homes and relationships for families for many years. He is highly regarded and a symbol of all that is good about American generosity. Ty has become a reality star but for all the right reasons -- using his fame to help people, he shows the world his acts of charity in the hopes that others with follow in his footsteps. Ty Pennington is not just a reality television star, he is a role model for America!
2. Lauren Conrad -- LC spent most of her teenage years and early-twenties being exposed to the cameras. We witnessed her tears, her smiles, and her success on "Laguna Beach" and "The Hills", but one thing that Lauren consistently promoted was self-determination and success. Lauren never purposely made herself look dishonorable in any way during her filming with MTV; she constantly pushed herself to achieve her dreams of being in the fashion industry, making herself a role model for so many girls to keep pushing for their dreams too! Lauren used her inner fashionista to create the Have A Heart bracelet for charity back in 2010. Since leaving our television screens, Lauren has launched her own fashion empire, along with clothing lines, novels, and make-up. Lauren Conrad has never been a fame seeker but is more about seeking her own success in an industry that she loves and has become, first and foremost, a businesswoman.
3. Tia and Tamera Mowry -- A sister act that has been on our screens for many years, Tia and Tamera Mowry have managed to prove that reality television is not all about cussing, getting drunk, or throwing punches. These twin sisters are all about allowing the world an insight into their lives, with no false acts for more ratings -- just showing normal activities such as wedding-planning and baby showers! A pair of young ladies who are truly uplifting and positive in every aspect!
4. Kelly Clarkson -- One star who was born on reality TV is Kelly Clarkson. Winning the first season of "American Idol" in 2002 and securing a record deal with RCA soon after, Clarkson is no sob story. This is one girl who has proved she has real talent. Gaining worldwide recognition, Kelly is the reason that these talent shows still exist. Only ever seeking her dream of being a singer, Kelly has never tried to be a tabloid sensation or a diva and is living proof that real talent does exist on reality TV and not just for magazine headlines!
Let's applaud these 4 stars that have set their sights on higher things as they have proven that there is more to them than merely fifteen minutes of fame!
- Anysha Panesar, YH Staff
Kellan Lutz Cast as Hercules for Big Budget Project