Actor Dylan O'brien has been spotted out in public for the first time since sustaining severe injuries on the set of the third Maze Runner movie.
The star was involved in a horrific accident while shooting The Maze Runner: The Death Cure in Vancouver, Canada in March (16), when a stunt went wrong, causing the 24-year-old to be run over by a car.
Dylan, who plays Thomas, the lead character in the dystopian adventure franchise, was hospitalised with serious injuries, including a "concussion, facial fracture and lacerations", as well as other broken bones, and the incident prompted studio bosses at Fox to shut down the shoot indefinitely and delay the film's planned 2017 release.
However, he appears to be well on the road to recovery after he was seen at a Jamba Juice store in Sherman Oaks, California by a female fan, an employee at the juice bar.
She shared a photo of the pair on Twitter late on Sunday (31Jul16), when the actor was pictured with a thick beard as he dressed down in a T-shirt and shorts. She later told E! News Dylan had been in good spirits and was more than happy to chat with her for a few moments during his visit.
Dylan's public sighting emerges three months after co-star Giancarlo Esposito admitted the actor had been recovering extraordinarily well.
"He's healing very well," Giancarlo told E! Online in April (16). "He got put together a couple of weeks ago...He's one tough cookie. He got his bell rung. I would imagine many who witnessed thought that was it... (But) he's a survivor."
It is not yet known when production on director Wes Ball's The Maze Runner: The Death Cure will resume, but it is expected to hit theatres in January, 2018. It had previously been scheduled for release in February, 2017.