Ashley Greene's Los Angeles condo will be completely gutted following a fire in the property on Friday morning (22Mar13), according to a U.S. report.
The Twilight actress, her brother and a friend were asleep when an unattended candle set the star's sofa on fire, and the trio was evacuated.
Firefighters quickly arrived at the scene to control the flames in the historical Granville Towers building, and it has now emerged the property will need to be completely overhauled to make it suitable for habitation again.
Editors at TMZ.com report the walls and floors will need to be removed before renovations can begin, while four other units in the complex will also need work.
The fire claimed the life of one of Greene's pet dogs, while a second was rescued and treated for injuries sustained in the blaze.