The blaze that ripped through Ashley Greene's Los Angeles apartment on Friday (22Mar13) has officially been ruled an accident.
Firefighters were called to the historic Granville Towers building on Friday (22Mar13) after an unattended candle set the Twilight star's sofa alight, forcing the actress, her brother and a male friend to evacuate the pad.
Emergency workers were able to put out the flames in the third storey home, but at least four other neighbouring units were damaged in the incident.
Officials from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the Los Angeles Fire Department and Greene's insurance company launched separate arson investigations into the blaze, but they have since concluded the fire occured as a result of carelessness, reports TMZ.com.
Greene and the two men had been sleeping in the apartment when the fire began. Sadly, one of the movie star's two dogs died in the blaze.